The full text of the statement is below:
February 9, 2023 – Kroger Atlanta and UFCW Local 1996 have reached a mutual agreement to increase wages as stated in the Atlanta and Savannah Collective Bargaining Agreements*. This agreement will provide an increase in starting wages and early increases in hourly wages for associates represented by UFCW Local 1996 in the Atlanta and Savannah contracts.
Wage Increase Details – Effective February 5, 2023
– Raises Step 1 rates to Step 2 rates, which increases new hire starting rates to $14.50 per hour for clerks
– Existing clerks below $14.50 per hour, will advance to the existing Step 2 rate of $14.50 per hour
– Courtesy clerk wages will increase to $11.75 per hour
– Effective February 5, 2023, all other associates will receive their next scheduled increase (originally scheduled for June 25, 2023)
All 22,000 associates covered under the Atlanta and Savannah agreements will receive wage increases. Because of the large number of changes, it will take several weeks to implement the updates to your paycheck. Retroactive pay will be calculated back to the effective date of February 5, 2023.
The company and union agree that these wage increases will be an investment in associates. These wage increases, as well as existing pensions for retirement, and affordable, competitive healthcare are some of the outstanding benefits negotiated for you between the union and the company. Other than these changes, all other terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreements stay the same.
* Language found under: Wages in the Atlanta Collective Bargaining Agreement Area 1 & Area 2, #20; and the Savannah Agreement Schedule A Wages #5